Our literary magazine is always looking for new submissions, and we would love to receive a submission (or multiple submissions) from you! Not all submissions will be accepted to appear in the magazine, but we welcome everyone and encourage you to keep trying.
Each issue, our editors select a few themes that we would like our submissions to focus on. We encourage (but do not require) you to submit work related to our themes. Our September 21st (Anniversary Issue) themes are:
- Annum: it’s our birthday! What other things do people celebrate yearly? What is year one?
- A Day of Stars: in honor of H.G. Wells and the newborn star Writer’s Block. What star do you know?
- A Day of Scars: in memoriam of the 12th year after 9/11. What scars do you have?
If you would like to submit work to Writer’s Block, please follow our guidelines. Submit work for our next – Anniversary! – issue, to be released on September 21st.
- All written works must be typed and sent to the submissions email address.
- Identify the subject or genre of the included piece in the email.
- Works should be sent with a separate title page giving information about the author’s identity and how to contact them.
- Any author of any age, nationality, or state of publishing may submit.
- All submissions must be in English.
- Plagiarism of any kind will not be tolerated.
- Works are preferably previously unpublished, although published works may be accepted.
- We prefer short stories of 10 pages double-spaced (or 5 pages single spaced).
- No biographies, please.
- If artist being submitted please send a form file that is accessible and that may be posted on the website.
- The author or artist reserves all rights to their original works, but by submitting agrees to one publication of that work in Writer’s Block magazine.
Submit to: email@example.com